Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Training Ride - 34 km

Finally a nice spring day! It was a beautiful day for the first training ride. I made it to Finch in good time and was able to tinker with Bryn a bit before setting out. I took her to Cycle Therapy (a fine bike shop) for a pre-ride tune-up. All is well with her but I did have them trim the bar ends so that my hands are now more in line with my shoulders. It was a small change but seems to have made a big difference to my comfort on the bike.

The ride was great, I didn't get lost, made it up most of the hills and am generally encouraged that I'm not in terrible shape. Although my time of just over two hours is nothing to be particularly proud of. My only complaint would be the enormous potholes. This winter was not kind to the roads.

Now I'm going to have some lunch, shower and perhaps take a nap before I dash off to Kingston and Ottawa to visit friends and their new baby.

Some photos...
Getting ready to go

Posing at lovely Finch subway station...what scenery!

No comments: