Saturday, June 21, 2008

Setbacks but determined to carry on

I've been away for quite some time. Most of my absence was due to a lovely holiday in England. However, I've suffered a major setback. Whilst walking in the lovely English countryside, I fell and sprained my ankle. Since then I've been working on healing and slowly getting back to the training. However, now I seem to have acquired a killer leg cramp that won't go away. I was going to attempt the training ride today but my leg just won't allow for long stints of riding. I'm quite determined to carry on and really hope that I don't get totally sidelined by injuries (if I can't ride, I'll join the crew so I'll still be going to Montreal with the bike rally)

I hope to have a more upbeat update soon. Stay tuned and keep those pledges coming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Charlotte!

Chin up! Set backs suck but I'm sure you'll be back out there in no time. I suffered 2 set backs myself and it's been a slow start training but I keep pushing through. See you out there on the training rides.

How's the fundraising coming along? I'm over my minimum so if you need some sponsors, I can help you out.

Leave me a message on facebook or blogspot if you need some help.

Nancy