Sunday, June 10, 2007

Under the weather but over the moon

I wasn't feeling my perky best this week. As a result I decided not to do the Saturday training ride. Today (Sunday) I was feeling a lot better so I did a shorter ride (only 60 km) as a dry run to work and home again. The ride was reasonably nice and not too arduous but I need to tweak my route a tad. I did have to stop and consult my map on a few occasions but I find it so much easier to get back on track in Toronto than out on the training rides. I'm going to attempt the commute tomorrow.

On a really happy note, I've attained my fundraising goal. All thanks to you! The rally requires that riders raise a minimum of $2000. When I started this process in March, I never thought I'd get to $2000, but if you take a look at the thermometer on the right there, you'll see that your generosity has pushed my total above $2000. If you haven't donated yet and are thinking about it, don't worry, they'll still accept your money even though I've reached my goal :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Congratulations Charlotte!!!
I told you so! - I knew you could raise the money.
And you did it with minimal baking...

I'm equally as confident that you'll manage the bike rally too.