Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day Three - Adophustown to Kingston 51 km

July 31, 2007

Day three, a short day! Its amazing to think that just a few months ago I certainly wasn't thinking of 51 kms as a short jaunt. But really, in the grand scheme of the bike rally, its short. Our route on day three covered some of the territory I rode in June when I was visiting Kingston, so I knew what to expect. The scenery along this part of the route is very pretty and the riding is quite easy. The whole group moved along pretty quickly and before long, some of us were pausing for a photo op.


The very best part of day three for me was not the hot shower, the clean laundry or the real bed (in an air conditioned room). It was having my very dear friends Les and Jaimie show up along the route and cheer for me. Having strangers cheer for you is encouraging, having good friends cheer, is the best.

In the evening my team (Gears of Joy) went for dinner at Frankie Pestos (very yum). Later on in the evening there was a half way party at the Queen's Grad Club. Unfortunately, I was so sleepy by the time that the party started, I really wasn't that much fun and was glad to go back to the residence to bed early.

No comments: