Sunday, August 12, 2007

One week later...

I've been home a week now. I've ploughed through all my bike rally laundry, gone back to work and life is slowly returning to normal. It has been lovely to catch up with friends who weren't involved in the bike rally and do activities that I had to put off in favour of cycling (like getting a haircut). I do miss the camaraderie of the rally and am starting to itch to get back on Bryn.

On Saturday morning we went out on one of my favourite outings. I hooked up my trailer (no, it doesn't have a name) and we went down to the St. Lawrence Market. On the way, I met two women from the bike rally out for a ride to Port Credit. It was a brief reminder of last week. I'm certainly not the only one missing some good long rides.

A note on the trailer: No, there isn't a child in there. It just looks like there is, which is great because cars give me a lot of space. In fact its completely empty (no seats, or straps). I got it from a company out of Guelph called Wike.

I think I may give this blog a rest, it ended up being a good way to document the bike rally and I don't think I'll mess it up with my more mundane thoughts and experiences. I'll come back to it next year if I decide to do the rally again... next year... humm... enticing thought.

1 comment:

geo said...

Awwww, it sucks that you're considering not updating your blog anymore. I've barely gotten a chance to read it... although I'm sure starting through the archives might at least give me a place to start. :)

It was fun meeting you on the ride, BTW. :)