Saturday, March 3, 2007

Jumping on the bandwagon

Having thought about blogging for awhile, here I go, jumping on that blog bandwagon.

So this blog is about me and my bicycle. Her name is Bryn which means hill or mound in Welsh. She's a mountain bike and as soon as I get the hang of this blog thing, I'll post a picture of her. I love to cycle, it gets me around town, makes me feel powerful and peaceful all at the same time and gives me somewhere to think (yes, even while dodging traffic).

Bryn has been taking a break for awhile seeing as it is winter and I'm not keen enough to cycle in the snow and ice. But, I'm starting this blog now because Bryn and I are about to embark on a huge adventure. I've just registered for this year's Friends for Life bike rally. Its a six day ride from Toronto to Montreal to raise funds for the Toronto People with AIDS Foundation. I'm very excited but kind of scared too. I am neither svelte nor buff but I love to ride and might as well do some good while I do it. So check back every now and then and see how Bryn and I are doing getting ready for Montreal. Better yet, head on over to the Friends for Life website and sponsor me (large amounts of cash!).

Cheers!

No comments: