Friday, March 23, 2007

Slightly less freaked

On Monday I went to an introduction session for the bike rally. I was feeling very freaked (in spite of my recent encouraging of Laurie). 600 km seems so far and $2000 seems like so much money. I left feeling so much better. Everyone was so encouraging, not everyone was a stick insect, in fact most of them looked like very normal human beings that don`t spend every waking moment cycling. PHEW! I left feeling like I could do it. I`m glad I went it was so encouraging.

I may have talked another friend into joining the rally. Do I get bonus points for recruiting? It`ll be great fun if Heather joins one of the crews. We shall see if we can persuade her...

This weekend Bryn and I are going out on the town. Spring is in the air or at least the snow has gone. It may rain but we shall not be deterred (I of course say this now that I am snug at home). I`ll likely spend most of the time rooting through the abyss (also known as my room) looking for my bicycling gear and Bryn`s accessories. Perhaps if I start on Saturday we`ll make it out by Sunday.

No comments: