Sunday, May 6, 2007

Training ride 4 - Kipling to Meadowvale - 46 km

This training ride started from Kipling subway station and covered some of the same ground as the ride to Port Credit. The most scenic part of the ride was along Old Derry Rd into Meadowvale. After crossing the Credit river we cycled into Meadowvale. It was pretty with its historic homes (or at least historic styled houses) and details like the post boxes being housed in a gazebo. Otherwise the ride was through lovely Mississauga which featured subdivisions and industrial parks... In order to keep the ride interesting I tried counting the number of garage sale signs but gave up somewhere around six. Garage sale season is definitely in full swing. The road kill season is also in full swing. The count this ride: 1 raccoon (maybe it was two), 1 skunk (smelly), 2 squirrels, 2 unidentified.

I've had some questions about how heavy Bryn is,
so here's a photo of me hoisting her over my head to prove how light she is. Note that this was after finishing the ride but I did take off all the luggage (like my water bottles and rack bag).
Laurie joined me for a training ride for the first time. It was a good one to start with as the route was pretty flat and the day was beautiful. Note to self for next time...more sunscreen! Here's a photo of our post ride triumph and no we didn't coordinate our shirts on purpose.

2 comments:

Anna said...

OK Charlotte - what are you wearing tomorrow? How about a blue shirt? I'll wear mine too...


Anyway - I've tagged you! You need to publish 7 random facts about yourself, or little known habits, and then tag 7 others. I didn't know that many people blogging!

I have your first fact ready - you have a totally cool older sister.

Cheerio! Anna

J said...

So much fun! I'm enjoying my piddly 15 min. 6K commute, but you guys put me to shame, and for such a good cause. Go Char & Laurie!