Saturday, April 28, 2007

Training ride 3 - Kennedy Zoo Loop - 42km













Today was grey and chilly with the threat of rain. I decided to wear my new shorts to give them a try. While parts of me were glad that I did, my legs were a bit cold by the end of the ride.


We started out from Kennedy station and wound our way past the zoo. I wasn't sure if it was me, but other riders agreed that there was a definite whiff of zoo as we passed. I've been up this way in a car in the past and I'm always amazed how you can be in the city one moment, and then suddenly its the countryside. There were all sorts of interesting features in today's route including several sets of train tracks and two metal bridges. There were also goodly number of hills, but I managed them.

After some time in Rouge Park we were back in civilization and I confess that I found the last leg of the route a bit dull, somehow strip malls and minivans aren't as charming as rivers and country churches.

No comments: