Saturday, April 21, 2007

Training ride 2 - Kipling to Port Credit - 39 km

I didn't get lost this time! Okay, let me qualify, I didn't get lost on the ride; I got a bit lost trying to find the parking lot before the ride even started so it doesn't count.

This second training ride seemed a lot easier than the first ride. Perhaps that's because it was a lot warmer and there weren't any monster hills. We rode along Lakeshore Blvd West out of Toronto and into Mississauga. The route was quite pleasant once we left the more urban part of Toronto's west end. Port Credit was quite charming and there was a nice view at the break. The route wound up Mississauga Road past some very grand homes. I appreciated the blooming scilla and the lovely smell of cedar. The day was beautiful but I really need to start being diligent about wearing my sunscreen.

I took this ride pretty slowly. I think I can and should try to pick up my pace a bit so I'll give that a shot at next week's ride. Hopefully by then I'll get my bike computer working properly. Last week I forgot the receiver, this week it didn't seem to want to work (I think the sensor got a bit knocked around in the loading and unloading from the car).

No comments: