Saturday, April 14, 2007

Training ride 1 - Finch - McCowan Ave 34 km

Slow and steady, that was my motto for today. Here I am all bright and keen to set out.

Today was the first training ride. I was pretty nervous not having spent much time on the bike yet this season. I did go out for a short ride last Saturday and it was snowing (chilly). Before today`s ride, I spent a lot of time looking at the map because frankly I don`t often cycle north of... well, St. Clair really. Despite my swotting up efforts I still managed to make a wrong turn. Lesson learnt: sometimes there`s a good reason you`re all alone... Thankfully I didn`t go too far before realizing my mistake. Back on track, I eventually made it to the end but I did have to walk up the hill on Cummer (the top half of the hill). I really need to practice my hill climbing. I was so SLOW on the hills. I do fine on the flat parts (downhill is also good). Hopefully it won`t be too hilly between here and Montreal.


Ah the sweet triumph! I need a nap.

No comments: