Saturday, April 21, 2007

Let them eat cake

Life isn't all about training. I've had some requests for photos of my latest baking creations. First off (and not terribly exciting looking) are some cupcakes I made for friends Josie and Carol for their birthday party. The icing was very popular and I have to give credit to Martha Stewart for the recipe.

The second creation was for my nephew Pippin's second birthday. It was supposed to be a monkey face but there was some debate as to whether it looked more like a bear. You be the judge. Its made from a round cake with mini bundt ears. The light brown icing was re-purposed from Josie and Carol's cupcakes with a little added brown tint. Pip's eyes lit up when he saw the cake. I think it was more because the cake was all for him (not a frequent occurrence when you're the youngest of four).

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey Auntie - anytime you want to make me a cake is fine by me!
love, Pip